Swedish, shiatsu, sports, deep tissue, aromatherapy, cupping, chi nei tsang -abdominal massage, hot stone, as well as pregnancy massage.
SPECIALTY SERVICE of Healing Hot Stone and Aromatherapy
The modality of Hot Stone Massage has been prominent since Ancient Greek and Roman times. The combination of the heated stones, essential oils, and the energetic effects result in a deep state of relaxation and well-being. The heat of the stones aid in softening the tissues, increasing circulation, increasing metabolism, increasing the inflammatory response, decreasing pain, decreasing muscle spasm, and raising the body temperature. There are seven essential oils which are layered in a specific order going down the spine: Valor ~ creates balance to the electrical energies within the body and helps correcting the structural alignment, invokes courage, self-esteem, and confidence. Basil ~ relieves mental fatigue Wintergreen ~ alleviates joint and muscle pain Marjoram ~ relieves sore muscles and supports the respiratory system Oregano ~ balances metabolism and strengthens the chakras Thyme ~ supports healthy immune function Peppermint ~ aids digestive and respiratory systems
"Deep tissue massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity (such as athletes), and patients who have sustained physical injury. It is not uncommon for receivers of deep tissue massage to have their pain replaced with a new muscle ache for a day or two."
"The Japanese shiatsu massage is a way of relaxation, but in its main theory shiatsu it is a holistic bodywork. Shiatsu massage uses acupressure techniques which is applied with hands, thumbs, elbows and knees. The acupressure technique has its roots from the acupuncture therapy and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupressure uses deep tissue pressure on the twelve body meridians."
Chi Nei Tsang 氣內臟 is a hands-on holistic health practice of ancient Chinese Taoist tradition. Mantak Chia and his lineage of students and practitioners support the tradition. Chi Nei Tsang involves the application of Chi-Kung in the manual treatment of the viscera (Nei-Tsang) and the deepest internal structures of the body. Following the classical Taoist model, Chi Nei Tsang simultaneously heals the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual. Wikipedia
Cupping massage therapy is a practice in which local and active suction is created on the skin to mobilizes blood flow. This is done in order to raise stagnant blood and lymph to the surface and to allow fresh blood to nourish the tissues. This process promotes healing to area of chronic stiffness.
The Benefits Of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.